What is Pink Slip in Cyprus?
A temporary residence permit in Cyprus, the so-called Pink Slip, allows citizens of non-EU countries to extend their stay in Cyprus for more than 3 months (90 days). Pink Slip will also allow tourists and visitors to extend their stay regardless of the length of their initial visa. They must apply before the expiration of their current visa.
Key Features of Pink Slip in Cyprus:
- Pink Slip in Cyprus is valid for 1 year and can be renewed annually.
- Pink Slip allows a person to live in Cyprus as a tourist (without the right to work). In addition, members of his family
(spouse and children under 18) may receive Pink Slip as dependents.
- The whole family is applying simultaneously; each family member also submits a separate application form and receives a temporary residence permit.
Limitations of Pink Slip:
- The owner of Pink Slip cannot remain outside Cyprus for more than three consecutive months, as permission will be automatically canceled.
- No right to work in Cyprus.
- Only available for citizens of non-EU countries who wish to extend their stay in Cyprus.
- Pink Slip is valid for one year and can be renewed annually.
How to get Pink Slip in Cyprus?
In order to be eligible to receive this type of permit, the applicant basically needs to show:
- Sufficient income from abroad to cover living expenses in Cyprus (from about 15,000 to 20,000 euros for a family of three).
- Rent or buy a house/apartment in Cyprus.
Application Processing Time
- A temporary residence card in Cyprus is issued within 3 months.
- Staying in Cyprus is allowed after applying.
We draw your attention to the fact that this article is for informational purposes only. For more advice, contact us at the contacts listed on the site.