Applying for a Residency certificate (yellow slip) is simple and fast for any European (EU or EEA or Swiss) citizen and their family members who are interested in residing in Cyprus. To avoid possible complications, time and money, you should get acquainted with immigration rules or hire a lawyer familiar with immigration laws such as ourselves who may assist you more effectively, at a low cost.
It is mandatory for applicant’s physical presence at the time of filing their application along with supporting documents to the competent authority.
Holders of a yellow slip enjoy all privileges Cypriot citizens have. They may stay, travel, work, and even be involved in any legal business activity.
Upon arrival in Cyprus, European citizens may apply for Cyprus residency within four months by completing form MEU1. If any of their family members, are not European Union citizens an MEU2 form should be completed instead.
Before submitting the application, applicants of an MEU1 form should book an appointment with the immigration department of the city they live in at least one month in advance from the desired date of submission. The residency certificate if not issued straightway, it will be ready within five working days and it does not expire.
Applicants of an MEU2 form should book an appointment with the Civil Registry and Migration Department in Nicosia a month in advance as well and once the competent department issues the registration certificate, it delivers it to the applicants’ address within three to five months. Upon filing the application, the applicant may continue to stay, work or travel as long as he carries his application receipt.
Yellow slip for MEU2 applicants is valid for five years. The applicant may apply for renewal before the expiration date, by following the same procedure.
List of accompanying documents:
- Valid passport or identity card.
- Certified Marriage certificate.
- Certified Children’s birth certificates.
- Payment slip and confirmation letter from employer if working abroad.
- Existing International Health Insurance from the country of origin if working abroad. If not, you can obtain one from Cyprus.
If working in Cyprus:
- Confirmation letter from employer
- Social Insurance Registration and annual income certificate
- The employer should sign the form.
- Bank Statements of existing bank account in Cyprus or abroad.
- Rental or Sale Agreement of a permanent residence.
- Proof of enrollment in case of a student.
- Two passport-sized photographs.
All official documents must be in English. If in another language, they need to be officially translated and legalised by apostille or certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of issuance and by the Cyprus Embassy of that country.
Copies of the documents listed above that must accompany the application should also be provided.
Application fee (Government fee) is €20.00 per applicant.
Should you require our services, we would be pleased to assist you!