The Right Response at the Right Time Law Support

Lawyer in Cyprus Location

8 Kennedy Ave., Office 101, CY-1087, Lefkosia, Cyprus Mon - Fri 09:00-18:00 Online Chat : 24/7


C. Hadjivangeli & Partners LLC

Advocates – Legal Consultants


Cyprus lawyer INT:+357-22366777

Migration Solutions for Cyprus

Migration Solutions for Cyprus

Our company is ready to provide professional migration solutions for Cyprus in a quick and qualitative way.

There are various visas that can be obtained by persons for entry into Cyprus by citizens of countries that are not members of the EU, such as:

  • short-term visas,
  • temporary residence permits,
  • immigration permits
  • residence permits for family members.

Short-term visas

If the purpose of your trip to Cyprus is to do business or leisure (have nothing to do with immigration), and your stay will be less than 3 months, you must apply for a short-term visa. A short-term visa can be issued as a multiple-entry visa, which allows you to enter Cyprus several times, or as a single-entry visa.

If you frequently visit Cyprus for business purposes or otherwise, you can get a multiple-entry visa for one year, although the total number of visits should not exceed 90 days, starting from your first visit for each six-month period.

Temporary Residence Permit (Pink Slip)

Citizens of countries that are not part of the EU, who come to Cyprus for long-term purposes, must receive special temporary permits, the so-called “Pink Slip”, which can be issued for a period of 1-2 years after the first application and can be easily extended for further 1-2 years after that.

Pink Slip-visitor Visa

Guest visas may expect applicants from the following categories:

  • Spouses from third countries who are married to Cypriot citizens / or parents from third countries or minor children of foreigners (under 18 years old) who have applied for family reunification and a residence permit;
  • Third-country nationals who apply for a visa extension for visitors and have enough money from abroad to feed themselves (or foreigners with businesses in Cyprus);
  • Applicants who have received temporary entry permits from consular offices of Cyprus abroad, bearing the FINAL inscription on them, may apply for an extension, taking into account specific grounds (for example, humanitarian reasons, homeowners in Cyprus, etc.)

Each non-EU citizen who owns real estate in Cyprus automatically receives the status of “Pink Slip-Visitor”, however, persons with this status are not allowed to work in Cyprus.

Pink Slip-student Visa ’

Each student taking a long-term course of study in one of the educational institutions of Cyprus must obtain permission for a long stay in the country. Students from non-EU countries can obtain a visa at the Embassy / Consulate of the Republic of Cyprus in the student’s country of residence or at the Cyprus Migration Department. International students must inform their school immediately upon arrival in order to register and complete the other formalities necessary to obtain additional temporary residence permits.

‘Pink Slip-Employment Visa’

Applications for issuance of permits for entry and temporary residence and work have to be submitted by the Cypriot employer through the regional branch of the Department for Foreigners and Immigration of Police or to the central departments of the Department of Civil Registration and Migration in Nicosia. The maximum duration in most cases is four years (exceptions apply).

Companies that meet the criteria and are classified as companies with foreign capital, also have the right to hire third-country nationals in Cyprus. They must meet the following criteria:

  • Most shareholders or ultimate owners of the company must be foreign;
  • The company must operate from its own full-fledged offices in Cyprus;
  • New companies must prove that they have a direct foreign investment of at least 171,000 euros, legally brought to Cyprus from abroad.

Immigration Permits

Non-EU aliens may apply for immigration permits if they fall into the categories listed below in the 5th Regulation of the Aliens and Immigration Rules of Cyprus:

  • Category A: Persons who intend to work independently in agriculture, animal husbandry or fish farming in the Republic, provided that they have at their disposal enough land or permission to acquire it, and also own and dispose of capital in the amount of about 430 000 euros, and such employment should not adversely affect the general economy of the republic.
  • Category B: Persons who intend to work independently at mining enterprises in the Republic, provided that they have a permit, and also fully own and manage capital in the amount of about 350,000 euros, and such employment should not adversely affect the general economy of the republic.
  • Category C: Persons, who intend to work independently in the field of trade or profession in the Republic, stipulate that they have permission, and also fully own and dispose of capital in the amount of about 260,000 euros, and such employment should not affect the negatively general economy of the republic.
  • Category D: Persons, who intend to work independently by profession or science in the Republic, provided that they have the academic or professional qualifications that are in demand in Cyprus. The availability of the necessary funds is also necessary.
  • Category E: Persons who have been offered permanent employment in the Republic, which will not lead to excessive competition at the local level.
  • Category F: Persons who have and have at their disposal a fully and freely secured annual income high enough to give them a decent life in Cyprus, without the need to engage in any activity, trade or profession.

A foreigner can qualify in this category together with his dependents, provided that he / she: has at his disposal a guaranteed annual income sufficient to cover the cost of living for him / her dependents in Cyprus without engaging in any activity, trade or profession in the country. The annual income must be at least € 9,568.17 for the applicant and at least € 4,613.22 for each dependent.

The Immigration Control Board may require additional amounts to be shown at its disposal, if deemed necessary.

This is the only category where all family members can get permission at once.

Residence permit for non-EU family members who are not EU citizens

Non-EU family members, third-country nationals who can apply for a permanent residence permit in Cyprus, can obtain a residence permit. Non-EU family members, such as spouse and unmarried children under the age of 18, can obtain a residence permit subject to documented family relationships (such as a birth certificate) with a third-country national who holds a residence permit valid for at least one year and who has resided in Cyprus legally for at least 2 years.

Upon application for family reunification, non-EU family members can obtain a residence permit.

A residence permit issued to a non-EU member is valid for two years.

Residence permit for non-EU members, family members of EU citizens.

Non-EU members of families of EU citizens who reside in Cyprus can obtain a residence permit. Non-EU family members, such as spouse (s) and unmarried children under the age of 18, can obtain a residence permit subject to documented family relationships (e.g. birth certificate) with an EU citizen.

A residence permit issued to a family member who is not a member of the EU is valid for five years from the date of issue or issuance or during the estimated period of residence of an EU citizen.

Temporary residence permit for third-country nationals who want to work for international companies in Cyprus.

The following is the relevant procedure and recommendations for organizing a Cyprus company with foreign interests, in which third-country nationals can work:

  1. Most shareholders of a company must be foreign shareholders, and in the case of shareholders whose ultimate owners are foreign companies, the details of the individuals behind these foreign companies should be indicated.
  2. Foreign direct capital investment is at least 170,000 euros and must be confirmed by banking and other documents. In addition, these funds must be imported into Cyprus legally from foreign sources.
  3. The company must have its own autonomous offices in Cyprus, which are not part of a private residence or other office.

Provided that the Company fulfills the above conditions, it will be allowed to hire third-country nationals in the following positions:

  • Executive Director (the maximum number of such managers is five)
  • Mid-level staff, executive staff (the maximum allowable number in this category is ten)
  • Support staff (citizens holding other posts and not falling under categories (a) and (b) mentioned above), provided that there are no available or suitable Cypriots or European citizens with the necessary qualifications for such posts.

In such a company, Cypriots or citizens of other EU countries can work. For EU citizens moving to Cyprus to work, there is a separate visa / permit, which can be obtained in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.

Temporary Residence Permit or ‘Pink Slips’

Temporary residence permits or “Pink Slips’ ”, as they informally call them, are the ideal solution for someone who wants to extend their stay in Cyprus for more than 3 months (90 days). This residence permit is valid for 1 year and can be renewed annually. According to this permission, a person can temporarily reside in Cyprus, as well as bring his close relatives to himself and those close to them.

To be eligible for this type of permit, the applicant must first of all show that he / she has sufficient income from abroad to cover his living expenses while in the country without having to look for work. Secondly, the applicant must have adequate housing. It is possible for citizens outside the EU to either rent or own property in the country. It is important to note that if the holder of the temporary residence permit has been outside the country for more than 3 months, the permit will be automatically canceled and the permit holder will have to apply again.

Types of Immigration Permits

  • Registration of an EU citizen and members of his / her family who are also EU citizens
  • Non-EU citizen residence permit that is married to an EU citizen
  • Temporary Residence Permit (Pink Slips)
  • Permissions for spouse / relatives of Cypriot citizens (Pink Slips)
  • Work permits (non-EU citizens)
  • Registration of Cyprus companies with foreign affairs
  • Long-term residence permits (category E)
  • Long-term residence permits (category F)

Pink slip (Visitor’s Visa) is issued to third-country nationals who plan to live on the island for more than 3 months:

– Third-country nationals married to Cypriot citizens and their children (under 18) from previous marriages. These citizens must apply for MCYV2.

– Third-country nationals who apply for residence in Cyprus without work and proof of income from abroad sufficient to live on the island must apply for the MVIS2 form.

– Third country nationals who apply for an extension of their stay, planning to marry a citizen of Cyprus or the EU, must fill out the form MVIS2

We draw your attention to the fact that this article about migration solutions for Cyprus is for informational purposes only. For more advice, contact us at the contacts listed on the site.


Tel.: International: +357-22366777 Fax:+357-22366778 +357-22366779

Law firm address

Nicosia: 8 Kennedy Ave., Office 101, CY-1087, Lefkosia, Cyprus Limassol: 1 Ellis Lampeti street, Office 201, CY4105, Agios Athanasios, Limassol, Cyprus Larnaka: 2 Apostolou Varnava, Tsokkos Court, Flat 103, CY6023, Larnaka, Cyprus Paphos: 23 Fellahoglou Street, CY8016, Paphos, Cyprus

Mailing details