Cyprus digital nomad visa
A new residence permit will soon be introduced in Cyprus for people wishing to live in Cyprus but work in foreign companies.
Beneficiaries: Third-country nationals who are self-employed or employees who work remotely using information and communication technologies with employers / clients outside Cyprus.
Quota: the maximum initial limit is 100 applications.
• The right to stay in the country for up to one year, with the right to renew for another two years.
• May be accompanied by their family members, who are granted residence permits upon request, which will expire at the same time they are granted to their dependents. During their stay in Cyprus, the spouse or partner (applies to persons who have entered into a civil union) and minor family members of the dependent are not allowed to provide dependent work or engage in any economic activity in the country.
• If they reside in the Republic for one or more periods that in total exceed 183 days in one tax year, then they are considered tax residents of Cyprus, that is, they are not tax residents of any other state.
Prerequisites (among others):
• The minimum threshold for funds coming from abroad (verified by salary, bank statements, etc.) is € 3,500 per month, which increases by 20% for the spouse and 15% for any minor.
• Medical insurance.
• Police clearance certificate from the country of residence.
The above is for informative purposes only. Further professional advice should be sought for each particular case. Our firm does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage occurring by acting on the basis of this information.