Citizenship of Cyprus in 7 years
The very common way to get a citizenship of Cyprus in 7 years is just to spend time there living on the island. Such kind of process generally known as naturalization.
Having in mind Cypriot legislation, we have to state that you have to live in Cyprus 7 years to become a full-fledged citizen of Cyprus. We would like to draw your attention also to the sort of funded system whereby you could obtain a citizenship by quite loyal conditions. According to the mentioned system, you have to live for 7 years out of 20 years in Cyprus directly.
Having lived in Cyprus for seven years without any violation of Cypriot law, you are freely may apply for Cyprus citizenship. Therefore, you become an EU citizen as well.
The documents required to apply for citizenship of Cyprus
- Original and photocopy of birth certificate.
- Original and photocopy of the marriage certificate (if any).
- Original and photocopy of divorce certificate (if any).
- Original and photocopy of a criminal record certificate.
- Original and photocopy of your passport.
- Original and photocopy of permanent residence.
- Original 2 announcements from a local newspaper about the desire to become a citizen of Cyprus.
- Original and photocopy of the ID card.
- 2 photographs (to indicate dimensions)
Refusal or deprivation of citizenship of Cyprus
The most common rejections or deprivation of citizenship of Cyprus:
- Application of false or fraud documents when submitting for citizenship;
- Any connections with the enemies of the Republic of Cyprus during the period of hostilities;
- A criminal record of more than one year in the first 5 years after obtaining citizenship of Cyprus.
According to the European legislation, Cypriot passport equals any other European passports as to which you will be able to move freely in Europe, study and work, apply for social assistance. Your children will be allowed to get European citizenship by birth.
The above is for informative purposes only. Further professional advice should be sought for each particular case. Our firm does not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage occurring by acting on the basis of this information.